Re: LZ: a zipping utility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a zipping utility

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, barrym wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Sep 1995, becker wrote:
>
> > barrym wrote:

> > > Good idea.  That would make compression a lot more practical.
> > >
> > > Barry
> > You need an unzipper for the calc too, though, because what's the point
> > of saving memory if you don't have access to whats in the memory?  If
> > someone has a graphlink, and you do to and you want to save space on
> > your calc when you give it to him, just put it on disk.
>
> His suggestion was that the zipper be on the pc and the unzipper be
> in the calculator.
>
> Barry

then, the unzipper would need a zipper for when you weren't using the
program. or would this unzip the program before loading it into RAM? that
might make it a little slow but, i can wait a few secs if i'm doing it to
save a lot of memory. also, would the unzipper be very big? that would be
the problem... there's no use in even making it if it's going to take up
all the wonderful space you "saved"!

Andy Haninger
aka &y
ahaning@freenet.columbus.oh.us