Re: LZ: optimizing zshell programs for turbo calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Matt Hayden wrote:

> >I guess it's no fun to have a calculator that can give you a faster
> >computation during a test and in turn more time to work on it, huh?
> Turboing is
> >legitimate and so is optimizing zshell programs for it.
>
> But a whole lot of people, including me, A.) Have no real reason to turbo
> the calculator, B.) See no point in turboing it, and C.) Don't want to take
> the risk of shortening the life of the calculator. Because, I believe, it
> has been proven that turboing the calculator shortens the life.
>
> -=Sponge=-
> Matt Hayden
> mhayden@poboxes.com
I'm afriad you're mistaken, turboing the calc with a 1pf capacitor has
most certainly _NOT_ been proven to shorten the life of the processor.
Most people who have turboed with this method and later documented their
methods, have said that they have been using it for 2 or more years, and
had no problems at all.  What does wear out the processor
(theoretically) is turboing it by removing the capacitor and leaving no
capacitor in it's place.