Re: LZ: Zshell Ideas, questions, from a newbie..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

D. Switzer wrote:

> Hey there. I just got a ti-85, thought I needed a graphic calculator
> since I'm taking math in college now, (silly me, it's easier than
> high school).. but luckily I ran into Zshell and the like, built the
> cable, and am flipping out over what my calculator can do!
>
> Questions:
>
>         Is the new ZSHELL going to add capabilities for more than
> 8 programs, or am I missing something? Seems the menu only allows 8
> programs at once.
press MORE to get mroe programs. also check out me Hide ZShell program
which as the name says hides ZShell. you can get it at Maximus
Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp

>         Also,how about folders? So there could be a way to organise
> things. Folders, directories, whatever you want to call them.
to much trouble in my own opinion and it would increase the size of
programs.

> (forgive me if the next one is off topic)
>
>         Has anyone looked into the possibility of upgrading the memory
> on the ti-85? Seeing what everyone has accomplished via the 85, it's
> a fairly AMAZING piece of equipment! The possibilies right now seem
> limited to memory. Between sound, editing, graphics (displaying PICTURES,
> this flipped me out ALL LAST NIGHT), it seems that at around 100 bucks,
> the 85 would be about the perfect "digital assistant".. I haven't opened
> it up, but how is memory in there? Chips? Upgradable in anyway?
>         I'm guessing it's been discussed, but I'm new, please forgive
> me.
it has been discussed but it would require an external chip that is
connected through the link port. also it would require page flipping
techniques and would take a longer time to load the program because it
would have to copy the program to the main TI memory first(from what i
have read). and the TI-85 has only 32k of memory. also if you are going
to open up your 85 BE CAREFUL. the reason why i say this is because i
screwed up one of my ti-85's when trying to do that(some of the screen
doesn't display(i cut the screen cable).

>         Also, a slight pipe dream.. anyone working on a music composing
> program? That would be a trip, to be able to wite music in class, then
> have a converted on the pc to convert the file to midi's or something.
> But then again, I'm guess ing how sound is handled, that the 85
> is someone monophonic..
not that i know of

> oh well. Please answer if possible, be gentle if I'm asking things
> too ludicrious to believe..
>
> david
PCoMP
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp