Re: LZ: More RAM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: More RAM

At 02:18 PM 9/3/96 -0500, you wrote:

>IN>>                     "Isn't 28K enough for anybody"
>IN>>                                           by Carl Turner
>IN>>
>IN>>I think bill gates said something simalar
>
>IN>He sure did.  The gist of it was "Nobody will ever need more than 640K of
>IN>memory."  And that's why we still have the 640K barrier to this day.
>
>IN>--timmyt
>

>I'm confused. 640k of what? It can't be RAM or hardrive. So what is it?

Are you being serious?  If not, then forgive me, but WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR
THE LAST DECADE?  640k is the conventional memory limit on a PC.  And the
best part (thanks to Microsfot), it is still there and probably will be until
the entire memory structure in DOS is rewritten.

--	Scott Rein
	srein@rain.org