Re: LZ: get more ram?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: get more ram?

At 10:25 PM 9/2/95 -0400, you wrote:
>I proceeded to take out ALL OF THE BATTERIES, I repeat: I TOOK OUT ALL
>OF THE BATTERIES, THERE WAS NO POWER CONNECTED.
>I proceeded to take apart the 85, fix it and put it back together.
>
>I turned on the TI-85 and turned up the contrast, here is (about) what I
>saw:
[snip]

The backup battery must have been connected to the main circuitry of your
TI-85 for the whole time you had it open. Or did you take that out too? If
you did, then there's only one other way to explain it: the capacitors in
your TI-85 had built up a enough of a charge to keep the RAM intact for the
duration of the time you had it open. Or maybe it was the voltage from your
fingers... :)

<pre>
---
David Ellsworth