Re: LZ: get more ram?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: get more ram?

> I was wondering if you could make a little drive for the link port and
> have three or four disks to send to the calc.
>
> David
I thought of that too, but the only reasonable way of making a disk
drive is to write a routine which would use an old c64 5.25 disk drive
or something like that. everything else would be too expensive and
require a lot of design tricks.

Now this is very weird...I'm gonna warn you that you will NOT believe
me, but I encourage you read this anyway...
Tonight, I discovered that a connection had come loose on my
turbo-switch circuitry in my TI-85.

I proceeded to take out ALL OF THE BATTERIES, I repeat: I TOOK OUT ALL
OF THE BATTERIES, THERE WAS NO POWER CONNECTED.
I proceeded to take apart the 85, fix it and put it back together.

I turned on the TI-85 and turned up the contrast, here is (about) what I
saw:

-----------------------
ZShell    Version 4.0
 Copyright (C) 1995
      Dan Eble
  Magnus Hagander
     Rob Taylor

I AM NOT LYING, SO HELP ME GOD, I AM NOT LYING.

Now perhaps the laws of physics ceased to exist for a few brief moments
on the table I was working. Or perhaps god himself climbed inside the
ram chip and kept the memory, SO HELP ME GOD, I DON'T KNOW. has anyone
ever heard of anything like this?? all of the memory was saved, no power
source was connected, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??????

I AM NOT LYING, SO HELP ME GOD, I AM NOT LYING.