Re: LZ: zshell?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: zshell?

CTurner142@aol.com wrote:

> I have a few ?'s about zshell.
>
> 1) how does it run the other programs that are asm form. does it load it
> somewere and decompile them to run them.

decompile?  deffinately no.  It makes a call to the programs address,
which is stored in the VAT?

> 2) the TI-basic when you first run the program after editting it it takes
> awhile to start. what is it doing? and does it get compiled into asm lang. or
> machine?

First of all, _everything_ get's compiled down to machine code (ASM
included), and when you run a ti-b program after editing it, it is being
"tokenized".

> 3) how does zshell look for the other runable programs that are asm?

String85 inserts a 2 (1?) byte header into the 85s string, which ZShell
searches for.

> if these can be answered by the zshell programers I would be happy to hear
> the answers.
>
> thank you
>
> Carl Turner
>
> cturnet142@aol.com