Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

I disasembled the _IPOINT routine but what I found doesn't make
any sense.  It could be a mistake on my part but I was fairly
careful.  It could be a mistake in TI83ASM.INC from TI.  Their
keycode chart got all the key codes wrong so that wouldn't
surprise me, or it could be a bug in my hex viewer, which would
surprise me a little, but not a lot.  I suspect TI but I'm not
sure of that.  I didn't have time to check any further today.
I may tomorrow.  I will if I can.

Here's what I got:

The entry 4AE8 goes into what is appearantly a jump table
with 4 byte calls and returns.  This entry is

4AE8  CD9133	call 3391
4AEB  C9	ret

3391  CD8B2E	call 2E8B
3394  C9	ret

2E8B  E5	push hl
2E8C  E5	push hl
2E8D  F5	push af
2E8E  D5	push de
2E8F  E5	push hl
2E90  210B00	ld hl,00B0
2E93  C9	ret

Which should crash the calculators.  Maybe it does.
When I can I'll double check my work and write something
that calls _IPOINT and see if it works and is really at
that address.  Of course I've reversed the addresses for
readability.

Barry