Re: LZ: Make ZShell Huge!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Make ZShell Huge!

In a message dated 96-08-31 23:32:19 EDT, waterboy@oeonline.com (BM) writes:

<<  am all for having ZShell taking up is much space as need be, just packing
 in the features.  All you people complaining about memory obviously have
 not discovered a crazy little thing called memory management.  For
 instance, just because they look cool, do you really need programs like
 organizers, chat programs, etc.  Also go ahead and delete your cheesy
 homemade ti-basic games which are only cool for the first week or so.  The
 only programs I have on my calc are zshell 4.0, tetris, tron, and CTool.
 Nothing else, except small variables, are taking up memory.  I have like
 17k free.  So I say go for it, ZShell creators, pack in those features!  If
 people complain about their precious memory then have another lite version.

Those added features are the programmers job, Zshell just acts as a tool to
access everything you want directly.  Zshell is fine as it is, it helps
enough with how it tracks a program, etc....   bigger size would mean bigger
overhead for it to worry about, too, which may slow the program down if those
features were constantly being checked/used....