Re: LZ: optimizing zshell programs for turbo calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:51 PM on 8/31/95, becker wrote:

> > Why waste space for 99% of users to please 1%?
> >
> I think you have not only underestimated the usefulness of turboing
> calculators, but you have also underestimate the widespread use of
> turboed 85's. I made a hardware switch, I _CAN_ slow it down.
> What I am trying to say (for the bizillionth time) is that a turboed
> calculator has a lot more potential for running cooler stuff.

Ah. And you allege to know how many calculators are turboed? Well, I'm only
estimating, but I'd would say only 2% or less of ZShell users wouldn't or
couldn't be able to successfully install a new capacitor. At my school I
have seen only one turbo and about 50 non-turbo. If half of the users had a
turbo then maybe...

And as far as I can see, "potential for running cooler stuff" just means
potential to waste more space for more people. ZShell is fast enough for
most games anyways. And don't get started on seperate versions. That goes
for library support, too.

\ \  Jordan Adema                O-   \       A student who changes the
 \ \  jadema@grfn.org                  \         course of history is
  \ \  http://www.calvin.edu/~sadema21/ \      probably taking an exam.