Re: LZ: Re: Wade Burch

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: Wade Burch

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Erika Rogers wrote:

> WADE BURCH wrote:
> >
> > Wow, I just got Zshell!  I love it.  But, I do have a problem.  I can't get
> > my link to work.  I had to use a friends to get zshell.  I have attempted
> > both a parallel and a serial link.  The parallel link worked fine with
> > Andreas Westfield's linktest, but when I tried to use link85xp, I kept
> > getting a transmission error.  I think it has something to do with my
> > computer, though, because I was able to get it to work on a different
> > computer.  Does anyone know if my parallel port itself is causing the
> > problem?  I'm using an IBM 486-66.  If anyone has a suggestion, please tell me.
> >
> > Wade Burch
> > burch@mobbs.com
>
> I made a parallel link and had a similar problem. The linktest worked
> but I always got a transmission error (I was using my Pentium 166). I
> tried it on my 486 and it worked. I read somewhere that it does not work
> on Pentiums because the Parallel port is somehow different.
> --
> Erika
> http://www.ici.net/cust_pages/erika/erika.html
we've got a pentium100 and we've got a 386dx40. the only one that works
for me is the pentium. i think it depends on the cable you have plugged
into the comport. we have one that comes out and has the "male" part and
you put the "female" graphlink into that and it works fine. with the other
one, i have to use some adapter that comes with it and it doesn't work. i
don't care though.

Andy Haninger
aka &y
ahaning@freenet.columbus.oh.us