Re: LZ: graphical question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: graphical question

>when you are talking about non-turboed calcs. taking 15 secs. to graph,
>you mean using the graphing stuff inside of the ti-os. But what i plan
>program will be in zshell assembly and I thought this would still be
very
>fast, wouldn't it? Besides, it's only two parabolas.

You apparently haven't programmed in ZShell much.  If you had, you'd know
that as the assembly has no built-in support for floating point math,
square roots, or even multiplication or division.  To do that stuff, you
need your own routines, which are very slow. (No offense to the authors,
but it is true that they're much slower than working with "normal"
numbers in the registers)  I reccommend getting a book called "IBM PS/2
Video Systems" (I think that's right... next time I'm at teh library,
I'll check).  It has routines written for VGA cards on IBM computers, but
they can easily be adapted for your purposes.  The ellipse drawing
routine should be just what you're looking for.  Just change the code so
only one quadrant is displayed.

Jason "Thursday" Wenger
jwenger@juno.com
Illegitimi no carborundum