Re: LZ: Phoned

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Phoned

According to "D. Switzer":
>Well. I can do the samples, no prob. That's my biz. But AFAIK, there's no
>way to play multiple sounds at once (unless it's 2 sounds mixed to 1
>sample, etc).. so we're talking monophonic. I can do drum loops, I can do
>piano samples, I can do guitars. I got it all here. The you-configure
>could be done,by the person supplying wav-samples-string files created
>with Andreas Ess (sp?)'s playwav setup. Then they could name them a
>certain thing (like key1.85s for sound 1, key2.85s for sound 2, etc)..
>then the program could just play the certain sound when the right
>key is pressed.

Hmm... most of the stuff done so far with sound is mono.  However, we can do
stereo on this thing to my knowledge, as it is a three-conductor cable.
It's just that most proggys ( including PLAYWAV ) shoot the data through
both lines for people with mono headphones.  It could be done... but this
is, as with you, AFAIK.  I suppose you could do stereo, it would just be a
bit more of a strain on playback speed, I'm not sure how many cycles PLAYWAV
takes up.  You might be able to modify the code to do two sounds at once.

C ya,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate

C> Warning: REALITY.SYS may be corrupt.  Reboot universe(y/n)?

Follow-Ups: References: