Re: LZ: here is an Idea.....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: here is an Idea.....

Dave Collins wrote:

> I have bean thinking of re-writeing zshell (and hopefully fargos shell
> program when it comes out ) to look like csh. ie: unix.  This not only will
> look really cool, it will have advantages over the zhell menu... just a
> thought...
>
> Lindoran,
>
> (David collins) Lindoran@execpc.com
>
> P.S. : What do you guys think...

**********

This sounds like a great idea, although I agree with the rest of the
list about typing in names of programs.  But I have an idea that might
be usefull for calcs with the RAM expander.  Since the RAM expander can
hold litteraly hundreds of programs, we have to figure out a better way
of managing files.  How about a hierartical (spell?) OS halfway between
DOS and Mac.  You could use the arrows to scroll through folders and
files in one level of hierarchy and then press enter at a folder to go
into a deeper level.  Text based but arrow oriented (sound good?).  And
since it would be a more advanced OS it could include a basic library of
functions that are now commonly used in ZS programs (ie. Sound rutines,
sprite ruitines, maybe more support for different I/O devices like the
RAM Expander) stuff that would cut down on the size of ZS programs.
Then compatability?  Make a ZS (normal ZS) program that would add in
those calls into the program so normal ZS could handle it.  This would
take some work, but it would be really cool!

What do you think?

Eric Barker