Re: LZ: Backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Backlighting

> > >Like indiglo, right? I think it is patented.
> > I'm not so sure. Casio has cloned it, and calls its technology
"Illuminator".
> I tdoesn't matter.  That stuff sucks battery power liek you wouldn't
> believe.  I saw a 5inch by 5 inch
> piece drain a high power 6 volt battery in 2 minutes!!  The better thing
> would be like in Laptop computers.
> A clear sheet goes behind the LCD, and a flourecent light bulb is
> vertically next to the screen shining the light into the plastic that
> carries it behind the LCD.
> Patrick
> psweeney@geocities.com

I saw some sort of nightlight I don't even remember where anymore, that was
really really thin and only used like .0001 watt or something like that.
It lets off a green flourescent glow.  It would be cool if we could adapt
that or use something like it.

-Doug
http://www.smartlink.net/~dx4/calculat20.html