Re: LZ: Re: RAM EXPANDER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT --

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:17:05 -0600, you wrote:
>I just recieved the NM29A040M and the NM29A080M chips and, after I =
noticed
>that on the data sheets the block write mode is 67.1kbytes/s and the =
block
>read mode is 325.8kbytes/s whereas the page write mode is 50.8kbytes/s =
and
>the page read mode is 127.5kbytes/s, why don't you use the block read =
and
>write modes?  Also, you can erase then using block mode.

First, you probably should have gotten the NM29A040V, not the "M"
series, because the M series will be a bitch to solder to the board.
The chips are equivalent, but they'll be harder to use.

Also, those "block read" and "page read" values are very confusing,
and they don't explain the table very well.  First, there really isn't
a such thing as a "block read" function in the chip.  ALL chip reads
deal with pages, not blocks, so I don't exactly know what that block
read rate means.  Nonetheless, we will never get close to either
limits, so those rates won't have any significance to the user.

-Mel

<pre>
--
The TI Memory Expansion Homepage