Re: LZ: New Applications

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: New Applications

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996 06:52:10 -0700, you wrote:
>With the accelerator and the RAM Extender, the 85 has more =
possibilities. I
>was looking through some robotics info, and most of the onboard robotic
>computers run slower than the calculator and only have 32k. With the
>circuit being able to use i/o ports, many sensors could be hooked up.
>	Also, I was looking through a sharper image catalog (awesome place)
>and saw about 10 different little devices that record notes. I was =
thinking
>it might be possible to hook up a microphone and record notes. I read
>somewhere that the voice could be about 8k per second which isn't that =
bad
>when you have a megabyte or two.
>
>Graham Rasmussen
>
>RCGH@teleport.com

The chips were actually designed to be used in answering machines!
There are so many possibilities that this will bring that it's
mindboggling. =20

In terms of designing an actual 8 bit I/O port that you access
simultaneously with the expander, that will take some time, because I
haven't thought about how this can be done.  I have a few ideas, and
I'm sure it's possible, however.  I fear that a major problem may
occur, that it won't be easy to create an Input/Output port.  You
could easily create an 8 bit output port, or an 8 bit input port, but
both at the same time will require a minimum of 3-5 more chips.  For
now the usefullness of the synchronous design will be only for
expanding the memory to greater than 1 meg.

-Mel

<pre>
--
The TI Memory Expansion Homepage