Re: LZ: Re: RAM EXPANDER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT -- Please

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: RAM EXPANDER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT -- Please

> On Tue, 15 Oct 1996 21:23:10 -0600, you wrote:
> >Alright!  I don't mind a delay as long as you make it worth while!
> >Bi-directional parallel ports on newer cards supporting the 16550 serial
> >chip are EPP ports right?
>
> No, an EPP has nothing to do with 16550 serial ports.  EPP's are just
> regular parallel ports that become bidirectional, as well as much
> faster.  They won't be needed for the computer-expander link, but they
> support higher transfer rates.

I think he is relating them just to explain which parallel port type
he means. i.e. the type that usually comes on the high speed i/o
boards that coincidentally also have 16550's on them. :)

> BTW, 60kb/s is about 25 times faster than a 28.8 modem.

Actually, 60kB/s (note the capital B, denoting bytes instead of bits)
is 25 times faster, but 60kb/s (note the lowercase s, denoting bits
instead of bytes) is only about twice as fast. :) :)

Ben
shakal@ns.net

Follow-Ups: References: