Re: LZ: RT-Link: Has anybody gotten it to work?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996 20:45:06 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hmm. After experimenting with my VCR-remote control, it doesn't really
>>have to be that direct (ofcoz age of batteries have some effect...).
>>Don't know how strong would the IR link be, though...
>>
>>   -Pyrone
>
>Yes, but the remote sends a few bits, maybe a byte, over and over and
>over... the TV picks it up, and does what it thinks that it is supposed =
>do.  The calc would send a constantly changing set of data, and there is=
>large possibility for errors.  On the HP, the two calcs must be within =
18
>inches, and even then, it's still slow.

Actually, HP designed it that way on purpose.  That way you can't send
answers to a math test across the room!

Like you said, sending data will be prone to a host of errors.  I
doubt you'll be able to use the regular TI-85 link program to send
data (unless it's a very short distance).  Some sort of custom zshell
send/receive program will have to be written.

-Mel

<pre>
--
The TI-85 Memory Expansion Homepage