Re: LZ: RT-Link: Has anybody gotten it to work?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996 19:02:06 +0200 (EET), you wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Zenon Lynx wrote:
>
>> Yes, but if you make an RT link then you could have your calc hooked =
up to
>> the transfer unit inside your bag or something without the teacher =
seeing
>> and send messages or whatnot that way.  Radio waves don't need a =
direct
>> transparent line to transfer info vs. light where you would.
>
>Hmm. After experimenting with my VCR-remote control, it doesn't really=20
>have to be that direct (ofcoz age of batteries have some effect...).=20
>Don't know how strong would the IR link be, though...

You'll have to be careful with an IR link, because if you point it at
something reflective, you will definitely screw up a two way IR
connection.  Since a regular Tv/VCR remote is only one way, it doesn't
have this problem

-Mel

<pre>
--