Re: LZ: Ideas on input

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Ideas on input

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:56:40 -0700 Rasmussen/Hugos Family
<rcgh@teleport.com> writes:
>Does anyone who has experience with electronics think that it would be
>possible to put a transparent touch-sensitive piece over the 85's
>screen
>and use a stylus to determine where the cursor is? If we can get the
>data
>in through the i/o port (Hopefully on the ram extender, hint, hint)
>then
>writing software to use it wouldn't be too difficult. A grayscale
>painting
>program would become feasable, as would many other games requiring
>better
>movement. Who knows? Maybe a track ball is possible. Anyone have any
>ideas
>on this?
What your talking about cannot (probably) be acheived through a link port
alone, however with a ram expander it could possibly be done. But what's
the point, it's just a 128x64 screen. A mouse would be 3/4 of the size of
the calculator, and a touch screen is out of the question