Re: LZ: Ideas on input

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Ideas on input

According to "Rasmussen/Hugos Family":
>Does anyone who has experience with electronics think that it would be
>possible to put a transparent touch-sensitive piece over the 85's screen
>and use a stylus to determine where the cursor is? If we can get the data
>in through the i/o port (Hopefully on the ram extender, hint, hint) then
>writing software to use it wouldn't be too difficult. A grayscale painting
>program would become feasable, as would many other games requiring better
>movement. Who knows? Maybe a track ball is possible. Anyone have any ideas
>on this?

Perhaps.  I considered doing a joystick for a while.  Maybe I'll try it.
The touch-sensitive pieces are another thing though.  Most of them need a
lot of channels and are difficult to set up.  It's easier just to do an
external stylus.  Of course, hooking up old peripherals to stuff always works ;)

You really don't need the ram extender to do IO port stuff.  It may give it
more channels... but other than that any ZS program can use the IO port.
All you need to do is write routines for it.

C ya,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate