Re: LZ: I feel sorry for them

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: I feel sorry for them

> >I was the first person in my town (Fairbanks, Alaska) to get ZShell for
> >my school.  It's too bad, but ZShell is an amaizing thing that most
> >TI-85 users don't even know about.  ZShell is actually the reason why I
> >got a TI-85 anyway, many people with TI-82's and 83 would have done the
> >same thing if they had known about it.  I feel sorry for them.  Is there

> >anything we can do to prevent this injustice, like get TI to inform
> >people?

well... In my old school.  I was the 85 God.  I introduced ZShell, and I
had daily updates of games.  In a matter of days, everyone had ZShell
loaded onto the calculator.  Well, I moved.  Now, I hear from friends, that
because of the increase in gaming ... the Science department, as well as a
few teachers in the math department, no longer allow the use of TI-85s in
class.  it is for this reason, that perhaps ZShell should not be made known
and available to everyone with an 85.  I'm in a new school now, and it
pains me to here people discussing how awesome the TI-BASIC Nibbles, and
Grand-Prix is.  But because of my past experiences, I have kept quiet, and
played ZShell, no one the wiser.  I don't consider myself as creating an
injustice, it's natural selection I guess...

Brian Peterik
bpeterik@ntsource.com

BTW, Kudos to EVERYONE who has done any programming for ZShell, it is truly
some great work.