Re: LZ: INTERNET VIRUS ALERT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: INTERNET VIRUS ALERT

> While you're at it, explain to me what an nth-complexity binary loop is.
> I've never heard of such a thing, and it doesn't seem possible to me that
> the processor can compute something that will dammage it.

It might be theoretically possible. If some part of the processor was
about to go bang anyway (some crappy circuitry), constantly engaging that
part without giving it enough "rest", you just _might_ be able to fu*k it
up. But that would be on individual processors (unless Intel'd messed up
again)... But then again, that is _very_ theoretical...

Oh, and "nth complexity binary loop" is just a normal binary loop which
is executed once less than n+1 times ;)

>                                           -C.J.-

   -P

PS. I promise I'll get back on topic soon...

Follow-Ups: References: