Re: LZ: Z80 Chip

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Z80 Chip

>Reebok wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I opened up my 85 and I only found toshiba chips in it, none of them had
>> Z80 printed on it.  Im wondering which one is the processor.
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew Arentsen
>> reebok@excel.net
>
>I think someone mentioned that they were z80 chips(same operatino codes),
>but they were made by toshiba(don't know why)
>
>--
>Compliments of:
>_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
>  Alan Bailey
>  mailto:bailala@mw.sisna.com
>  IRC:Abalone
>  Web:http://www.mw.sisna.com/users/bailala/home.htm

The Z80 is the name that only Zilog has a copyright to use.  Like PowerMac
9500, there are a lot of clones, but none of them call it a Mac.  I'm
guessing that it's the biggest one, but I didn't look close enough.
Besides, what difference does it make?
                                           -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.