Re: LZ: Mac stringing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Mac stringing

>The dos string85 is included in the zshell zip.  I primarily use my
>486, but I occationally use the powermac lab (because my teacher
>forces me to use some mac software for a class).  Don't get me wrong,
>I think the macs are nice (and they have a direct ethernet connection
>to the internet), but I think windows 95 edges out the mac interface
>in terms of power and flexibility.  If it was up to me, however, I
>think everyone should use the Sparc Ultra 1's.  Those things kick some
>serious ass.
>
>-Mel

This is a little off topic, but I must add my two cents worth.   Mel,
you're right, at least to a degree, but the only reason is there are more
people writing software for the PC.  If mac had had a) an optional command
line interface OS, and b) had leased it's os out for clones back in 1984,
then the macintosh would be at least equal to, if not ahead of the PC,
simply because it is more "friendly". Sure, there are problems, but not
like PC.

                                               -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.