Re: LZ: Running Zstuff from TIBasic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Paradox wrote:

> >They operate using another ZShell program... usually ZBasic ( which is
> >unstable ) or Ulterior Motive.  I do not know how ZBasic does it, UM creates
> >an interrupt, and then runs the program by doing this:
> >
> >"programname"->UMSTR
> >
> >from a BASIC program.
> >
> >Hope this helps,
> >Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
> >http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
> >"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate
> >
> >C> Warning: REALITY.SYS may be corrupt.  Reboot universe(y/n)?
> >

> Is it then possible to use ulterior motive to run zshell programs (or even
> zshell itself) from inside a TI-82 BASIC program? I want to know if it is
> possible to run zshell stuff for the 82 because the school calculators are
> all 82's and our calculus teacher wants to have zshell on the 82
>
> Christopher DeMars -- paradox@sonnet.com
>
> 	"Life is the ultimate paradox;
> 	  It looks logical on the outside
> 	    But, when you look closely,
> 	      Things make no sense..."

	Uhhh.... there is no ZShell for the 82.  The 82 has no Custom
menu, and so has no way of jumping to a piece of code outside of the ROM.
This makes programs such as ZShell impossible.  ZBasic and UM are addons
for the 85 that are started / enabled from inside ZShell and then used to
activate programs while outside.  Assembly is 85/83/92 only.  Sorry. :(

Ryan Myers
rmyers@teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
-- "One useless man is a disgrace.  Two useless men are a burden to
-- society.  Three or more useless men means Congress is in session."