Re: LZ: **VERY** wierd idea. (CBL commands)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Paradox wrote:
> I would love to see your program. I have been wanting to know how to
> manuplate the port in TIBasic and send commands.
>    -Paradox-
> 	"Life is the ultimate paradox;
> 	  It looks logical on the outside
> 	    But, when you look closely,
> 	      Things make no sense..."

Please excuse the pedagogical style... :)

Lynx / CTBx
===========
Lynx 2.0 for the TI-85 Calculator
CTBx 1.5 for the TI-85 Calculator

Lynx is a two part communication system for the TI-85 Graphics Calculator.
It is implemented as a Communications Library, which provides something
like UN*X sockets, along with a Driver/ Shell.  This package is similar to
UN*X "talk".

Lynx is the actual driver application.  It calls the routines in CTBx. As
you may have guessed, CTBx is short for Comm ToolBoX. It works by making
repeated calls to CBLGET, and comparing the reply to a buffer of the last
response. This has the effect of updating only one line on the display as
opposed to filling the entire display needlessly with copies of the last
response.

CTBX is invoked by storing 1 or 2 into the variable "x".  In mode 1, D
must be defined, and should contain the data to be sent, preferably as a
string. Mode 2 will cause the contents of D to be overwritten if any new
data is received. These requirements are automatically fulfilled by the
Lynx program.  CTBx does not provide a true socket library, but it's a
good place to start for building network applications.  By using the CTBx
library, all your programs have a well defined place to go fetch net data.

This program may be distributed anywhere as long as this file accompanies
it in either printed or electronic form. If you have any bugs, questions,
comments, feature requests, or anything else that doesn't fit in any of these
catagories, you can send e-mail to ckuethe@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

==========Licence==============================================================

Very simply, I wrote these two programs, so please don't say you did. It
worked on my calculators, but I cannot guarantee it will work on yours.
What else is new? I will do what I can to help you get the program
working, but I will not take the blame for anything that goes wrong.
Finally, if it works for you, give it to your friends. Just don't change
it.  It make it hard for me to do tech support that way.  And if you
really want to, you can use parts of my code to write the next killer
network game on the TI-85.  A little credit in your documentation, though.
Something like "Portions created by Mindwerks Digital" will do.

==========Binary
Distribution==================================================
----begin uue----
begin 664 CTBx.85p
M*BI423@U*BH:#`!#0DP@4V]C:V5T(%-E<G9I8V5S````````````````````
M``````````"\``@`L``2!$-40GBP`*X``$EF*'@]/3$I.E1H96[61&amp;ES<"`B
M0T),4%54(BQ$UD-L3$-$UD5N9-9)9B`H>#T],BDZ5&amp;AE;M9);G!U="`B0T),
M1T54(BQ$UDEF("A$/3TB*D)912HB*3I4:&amp;5NUD-L3$-$UD1I<W`@(B`@($QI
M;FL@5&amp;5R;6EN871E9"!B>2(L(B`@("`@4F5M;W1E($AO<W0BUB(@(AQ$.E-T
4;W`Z16YDUD5N9#I2971U<F[6KSR0
end
end

----begin uue----
begin 664 Lynx.85p
M*BI423@U*BH:#`!-86EL("\@5&amp;%L:R!C;&amp;EE;G0`````````````````````
M``````````#P``@`Y``2!$QY;GCD`.(``$-L3$-$UC`<0=8R''@Z0U1">-9$
M'$+61&amp;ES<"!"UE=H:6QE("A!(#T@,C(IUC(<>#I#5$)XUDEF("A"/40I.D]U
M='!T*$0L,2PQ*=9$'$+6268@*$$]/3,Q*3I4:&amp;5NUDEN<%-T(")$871A.B(L
M1-8Q''@Z0U1">-90875S92`B6T5.5$5272+60VQ,0T0Z16YDUF=E=$MY'$'6
M16YDUB(J0EE%*B(<1#HQ''@Z0U1">-8B("(<1#HQ''@Z0U1">-9#;$Q#1#I$
;:7-P("(@("!,:6YK(%1E<FUI;F%T960BUGQ.
end
end

==========Source
Distribution==================================================

\START\
\COMMENT=CBL Socket Services
\NAME=CTBx
\FILE=CTBx.85p
If(x==1):Then
Disp "CBLPUT",D
ClLCD
End
If (x==2):Then
Input "CBLGET",D
If (D=="*BYE*"):Then
ClLCD
Disp "   Link Terminated by","     Remote Host"
" "\->\D:Stop:End
End:Return
\STOP\

\START\