Re: LZ: f-term

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: f-term

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, BrianR wrote:

> A.K.A. TheWiz wrote:
> >
> > > the ti-85 does not conform to standard ASCII so that would be one of the
> > It does from 32-128, which is all the standard & international characters.
> >

> Characters below 32 and above 128 are OEM specific. On the PC, they
> comprise line drawing characters, etc. But these are not defined by the
> ASCII specification.

The characters from 0 to 31 are ANSI characters, I believe.
They're used for control characters and were originally
defined to take care of the needs of teletyps.  Most aren't
needed most of the time in modern computers and they tend to
get re-defined somewhat.  But I do think they're part of the
ANSI spec.

You are correct about the ones above 128.

Barry