Re: LZ: Emulator for MAC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Emulator for MAC

-> > maybe some one was written a z80 emulator in asm for the MAC ?
-> The speed of C really depends on the compiler.  On the Mac, all the
-> routines are in ROM anyway, so ASSEMBLER CAUSES NO SPEED INCREASE. I
-> can see a slew of uninformed opinions sprining up, so I should point
-> out that any compiled language becomes assembler anyway, and the only
-> thing that gets faster are device-access routines - which, as I said,
-> are in ROM on the Mac; thus it's FASTER to use C.
-> (Apologies to anyone I've offended).
-> Last night I decided to try to write an emulator for the Mac, and I'm
-> halfway done already.  Stay tuned.

Acctually it does give yoy a speed increase, but that's only because you
can optimize it much better if you write it directly in Assembler.