Re: LZ: Emulator for MAC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Emulator for MAC

<SNIP>
> maybe some one was written a z80 emulator in asm for the MAC ?

  The speed of C really depends on the compiler.  On the Mac, all the
routines are in ROM anyway, so ASSEMBLER CAUSES NO SPEED INCREASE.
  I can see a slew of uninformed opinions sprining up, so I should point
out that any compiled language becomes assembler anyway, and the only thing
that gets faster are device-access routines - which, as I said, are in ROM
on the Mac; thus it's FASTER to use C.
  (Apologies to anyone I've offended).

  Last night I decided to try to write an emulator for the Mac, and I'm
halfway done already.  Stay tuned.

                     /***********************************
                     *           Daniel Knapp           *
                     *       FeatherWate Software       *