Re: LZ: Programming question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Programming question

According to "Frank":
>What is the easiest way to make a routine to make a pointer follow across an
>arc... (for instance the pointer in BUST A MOVE) ? i know it cant move at
>constant x and y increments so how else could you do it?

My guess would be to take the angle of the line and use it as a slope to
find where the arc strikes the wall ( and this idea is looking good Frank ).
Figure the angle between the wall and the arc.  Add 90 degrees and extend
the arc in the same fashion until it strikes the first ball.  That makes two
or possibly three lines, 5 at the most or so.  The actual Bust-A-Move game
doesn't allow you to go more than 20 degrees or so left-right, which makes 7
or 8 lines at the most.  Find the points on the walls / ball that each line
hits, then use the Brenhasam (spelling?) line algorithm to plot it.  If you
would like, I would be glad to write this routine for you.

Let me know,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate

C> Warning: REALITY.SYS may be corrupt.  Reboot universe(y/n)?

Follow-Ups: References: