LZ: **VERY** wierd idea. Be careful...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: **VERY** wierd idea. Be careful...

        Ok.  Here goes.  I know a teacher that is working with 83's in her
classroom.  I have several friends that own 85's.  I know 2 ppl that have
92's.  I think all of them could benefit from this VERY odd idea.  (in fact,
the teacher has had the same idea).  I have no clue if this will work from
the electrical standpoint or the limits of the calcs standpoint.

Here's the steps:
Create a multi-socket plug for a calc.  I.E. one male plug, several female.
        (it must be in parallel, or the common modem speed would be zilch)
        (I have no clue where I/we could get the sockets [fenale] from...)
Create software that would act as a LAN for the calcs.
        The point would be to transmit MASS amounts of data to ppl so
        teachers could give their students progs more efficently.
        There are some more creative things too...
The program would check whats going on with the link port then:
[I have no clue as to if/how/should it check all the modems of the calcs and
   decide on the lowest speed of them all.  That's what you ppl are for..:^]
 1. If you're not connected, you become the server (?)
 2. If you are, you choose a login name for yourself.
The server calc could then transmit packets with headers:
 If the header data identifies YOUR calc, it accepts, otherwise, it junks it
 ASAP.
ETC...

OK.  What do all of you think?  Have I made an idiot out of myself?  Is this
a really cool idea?  What?
<pre>
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
							     -Albert Einstein
</pre>