LZ: Re: LZB: Interrupts and Grayscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Re: LZB: Interrupts and Grayscale

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996 07:29:19 -0400, you wrote:
>Would someone please explain to me exactly how interrupts work (I know =
there is something to do with filling the graph mem with 8888, but I =
don't understand why.

>Also, I thought, until just recently, that grayscale works by changing =
the picture, and changing the contrast.  When I looked at the Graylib =
from ticalc.org, I saw no out (2)...  which would signify the changing of=
 contrast.

>	Thanks!

no no no---

the way gryalib works is it disables interrupta and then it takes
three pictures stored in mem and flashes them on the screen in
different orders

so for instance te darest screen would get flashed 3 times then the
middle screen 2x then the last screen 1x

so it could be like this
3,2,3,2,3,1

that is the way you achieve 8 grays
if you had four screens you could have 16 grays=20
anw with 2 screens you have only 4 grays

-eric
-elinenbe@umich.edu
-www.umich.edu/~elinenbe