Re: LZ: f-term

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: f-term

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996 21:44:44 -0400, you wrote:
>At 04:24 PM 10/1/96 -0600, dreamer wrote:
>
>Well, actually, I was thinking as a portable way to access your internet
>account... but I'm not sure I'm thinking along the same lines as the =
rest of
>the group...
>--

A real TCP/IP "winsock", however, would be extremely difficult on the
'92.  It would only work if your internet provider had a text based
interface (like lynx or a text based email system that doesn't require
PPP/POP/SLIP/SLURP or whatever).  I know that on some of the palmtop
PC's (like the HP200LX), Nettamer can barely handle a PPP connection
with a 400k program on an 80186 (close to the power of the 68000, but
a whole lot more memory).  But, I'm hoping someone can prove me
wrong...:)

One option (that's much easier) that would be nice in successive
versions of z/f-term is vt-100 emulation, or maybe even ANSI
compatability (for the 1 or 2 people left on this earth who still use
local BBS's...just kidding).

-Mel

<pre>
--