Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

> From: C.J. Oster <cjo@pobox.com>
>
> >Yes, and when you end up frying your calc, I bet you can easily build
> >another one yourself for a fraction of the cost ($100).  It is a _far_
> >better idea to invest in a graphlink, or build yourself the Connect85
> >hardware.  Both of these are more expensive to build/make, but offer
> >protecion for your calc which $4/$5 cables don't.
>
> I'm fairly certian that TI has engieered the calc so that the voltage
> output from the serial port wouldn't have a chance in hell of frying the
> calculator.
> But don't take my word for it, why dont you date your link and plug it
into
> an electrical outlet, and let us know what happens.

Obviously you don't know much about TI-85s.  Go plug the link into an
outlet, and watch the 120/240 volts blow your calc (How long do think it
will take him before he realizes that a 2.55 mm stereo plug won't fit into
an electrical outlet?).

HELLO!  Why do you think MAGNUS designed Connect 85 the way he did?  You
think he made to make it look pretty??  Lets settle this.  Ask Magnus if
the $4/$5 cables have a chance of malfunctioning and frying your calc.  If
he can confirm that this is not true, I will make a variation of the offer
someone esle made.  I will send you a check for $46.

> -C.J.-

; Max Mansour,       // mail : mmansour@gis.net
; self proclaimed   // irc : Justarius
; dictator.        // web : maxwww.home.ml.org
;
;         come visit my handheld pages
;      (OmniGo, Windows CE, TI-85/ZShell)
;
;              Drugs for Doughnuts !
;     Crack, smack, weed, speed, you want it,
;     I got it.  I can be found in the nearest
;     deep-fried pastry establishment.
;     I'm the one with the badge and the gun.

.end

Follow-Ups: References: