Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

<< -> > > well, just spend another $4 on making a new one and when that one
 -> slows > > down again, make an new one. by about the 14-15th one, you
 -> will have spent
 -> > > the same amount as just calling 1-800-TICARES(do they REALLY?)
 -> and buying
 -> > > a graphlink.so, my sugg.is, just buy a graph link, you don't have
 -> to worry
 -> > > about any short ciurcuting and of that does happen, you can blame
 -> them for
 -> > > faulty wiring.
 -> >
 -> > And I would build a $5 parallel link. I would _never_ pay $40 (at
 -> least) > for a cable I can build myself for a fraction of the
 -> price... Even if it > wouldn't be so reliable...
 ->
 -> Yes, and when you end up frying your calc, I bet you can easily build
 -> another one yourself for a fraction of the cost ($100).  It is a
 -> _far_ better idea to invest in a graphlink, or build yourself the
 -> Connect85 hardware.  Both of these are more expensive to build/make,
 -> but offer protecion for your calc which $4/$5 cables don't.

I would really like to know how you can fry your calc with a link-cable!?!
Are you stupid or do you know something about the internal workings of the
links that know one else does? (Then again, how can you know more than we do
about links if you don't even know what a zener diode is?)