Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Max Mansour wrote:
> > And I would build a $5 parallel link. I would _never_ pay $40 (at least)
> > for a cable I can build myself for a fraction of the price... Even if it
> > wouldn't be so reliable...
>
> Yes, and when you end up frying your calc, I bet you can easily build
> another one yourself for a fraction of the cost ($100).  It is a _far_
> better idea to invest in a graphlink, or build yourself the Connect85
> hardware.  Both of these are more expensive to build/make, but offer
> protecion for your calc which $4/$5 cables don't.
thanx Max!  you're the only one here who has understood what i said and
hasn't gone against me<G>!! and i was strarting to feel stupid about
having ti's link(do you have that one or the conn.85 one?).

I would like to take this opportunity to take a pole on how many people on
this list have made a link and how many bought one from ti. please, out of
repect for those on the list and because i'm sure they'd get pretty
ticked off if they got this mail, write to my email address listed under
my name at the end of this message. this is not to bash those who have
either one but just because i want to know. when i feel i have everyone,
i'll try to remember to post the results on the list.

now max, when do you think you'll shrink the size of black jack? it's a
good game but please, either optimize it or put in all that stuff. it's
really too big for what it is.

Andy Haninger
aka &amp;y
ahaning@freenet.columbus.oh.us