Re: LZ: Weird Trick...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Weird Trick...

> From:          "A.K.A. TheWiz" <dankna@bergen.org>
> On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Seth M. Jentner wrote:
>
> > > Or you could probably use the +, -, and sub commands to install cheats in
> > > games!!!!
> >
> > Do you mean by changing the string?  If that's what you mean, then it
> > won't work because the checksum would be messed up...
> >
>   That's what I meant.  Sure, we'd have to correct the checksum, too.  Or
> does anyone feel like writing a program to recalculate it?

That has already been done, (its called Zgenie or something...) and there
 was QUITE a bit of fuss over the whole thing!  Because of that, we
have many startup screens that are made entirely of graphics so that
 people can't change the author.  It just added to program size. . .

Seth M. Jentner
mailto:seth@uakron.edu
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2278