Re: LZ: Zshell Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Zshell Modem

Tobin Fricke wrote:

> Use Talk85.  It does the same thing, except it's in a split-screen.  It
> would be a simple modification to get rid of the split-screen, but you
> don't really have to.
>
> Tobin Fricke

Is it possible to connect a TI-85 to a modem using Talk85 as a terminal?  Would it be
something as simple as soldering the 3 conductor TI cable to 2 or 3 pins on a serial
cable (say Rx data and Tx data?)  I'm no electrical engineer, but I'm curious as to
what would be involved...  Has anyone tried this route?

I've seen the plans for the 300 baud modem from National Semiconductor (on the
TI-Hardware Page) and have perused the data sheets.  It seems like there's a lot of
activity about TI-85 to modem connections...

Jonathan Berry
N8YRE