Re: LZ: Daedulas v 0.2b

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Daedulas v 0.2b

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Nate Godin wrote:

> One idea I had was 2 seperate Daedalus-based games: something like Wolf3d
> with 2D maps, square floor plan, and 2-color graphics, single-player only,
> and Doom with 3D maps, more complex polygons, and grayscale grapics, and
> DEATHMATCH!!...Wolf3d for those with limited memory, Doom for gaming freaks
> like me...:)

I agree that there should be 2 versions, but I think that your 'DOOM'
version is a little out of the reach of the 85.  I think there should be
a 'lite' version with walls like labby (wire frame) and anything else
(take out greyscale) to make it go as fast as possible, and then a
feature-rich version.  The reason is that there are a lot of people (like
me) that would just love to run around really fast, and then a lot of
people that just love seeing all the pretty pictures all over the place
(it is pretty impressive) and like the features.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com          Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

The computing field is always in need of new cliches.
		-- Alan Perlis