Re: LZ: A watch? Check batteries!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: A watch? Check batteries!

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, John M Bishop wrote:

> >the battery and take it into account.  Or, even find the amount of
> >power
> >in the AAA batteries was calculated, take it into a account and use it
> >in the program to recalibrate the clock before it misses time.  In
> >other
> >words, frequently test the batteries and at the same time, frequently
> >change the clock speed.  Just an idea to throw around!!  I hope to get
> >some feedback.  It seems hard but I don't have a lot of details.  Just
> >some thinking.
>
> *Phew* Touches of the ol' TRS-80 days where people made their computer do
> anyhting.
>
> The 5 min. timer is probably just built into the ROM and is dependent on
> the wait cycles (where the calc. is waiting for input), and is probably
> not exactly 5 munutes.
i was at microcenter today. i saw what i guess is called a dallas chip? it
said it had ram and a real-time clock and was a little smaller than a AA
battery. would we be able ot use one of these? if so, we could have a
clock and memory expansion in one! just an idea

Andy Haninger
aka &y
ahaning@freenet.columbus.oh.us