Re: LZ: Learning ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Learning ASM

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Ben Oberkfell wrote:

> I'm trying to learn asm by doing and experimenting rather than book
> learning. Right now I can write a "Hello World" program that says Hello
> World and then crashes my calculator.
>
> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any program ideas for what I could try
> to write in order to cover all the bases in learning assembly programming.
> Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'd make it quit crashing your calculator first of all.

I usually do a hello, world program on a new computer and then do
something like moving a letter or a word around on the screen in
different ways.  Just to get a feel for the system.

As for asm, learning by doing is the only way you can learn it.
But you'll need a good Z80 reference or you'll miss a lot of stuff.

Barry