(no subject)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(no subject)

>Could anyone explain to me the whole checksum-zshell calculating thing? I
>gather that if zs_bits is set to 0, then zshell checks the checksum and if
>it changed it says a bad checksum error. If it is set to 1, then it exits
>out and doesn't check. I tried to store some data at the end of a program,
>and when I exit out either way I get a bad checksum error in my program. I
>looked at some programs that do exit (texanoid and columns), and I am doing
>it right I think, so what's wrong?
>I would also like to ask if zshell automatically sets zs_bits to 0. If it
>doesn't that could be one of the problems at least.

(I'm replying to my own message) I tried setting bit 0 of ZS_BITS and until
now I didn't realize why it worked. It has to do with the fact that bits 0
and 1 are not the same .... I was forgetting that it was binary, and so I
was thinking that setting it to 0 did one thing, while setting it to 1 did
another, but because it is binary, I have to set both bit 0 and bit 1
...(Duh! I wonder why I didn't think about that? Maybe it has something to
do with the fact that I did it at 5:30 a.m. - hint, I did not get up to do
it, I was up all night and morning). Anyways, setting bit 0 at the beginning
of the program fixed it. (I wrote this in case anyone else had the same
problem).

David Kristensen at the University of Missouri - Kansas City
dkristensen@cctr.umkc.edu

The Mind conquers All...