Re: LZ: I think I figured out XC-1701 Bug!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: I think I figured out XC-1701 Bug!

>Most of you guys have been having some problems with the recent version of
>XC-1701...  Well, I also had problems when I had put it inside me almost
> full
>calculator.  I have ROM 9, and what happened was that the title screen was
>blank (white).  And, my calculator got locked.  Well, then I decided to
> put it
>on an empty calculator (just XC-1701 and the ZShell string), and it worked
>perfectly!!!      ;-)
>
>So, I did some testing...  Here's what I found for ROM 9:
>
>It will not crash (at least not before the 100 times I've played it <g>) if
>you leave the size of the game in free memory on the calculator.  Now half
> of
>you probably don't understand what I said, so let me illustrate...
>
>The 4-grayscales version of XC-1701 takes up:  9896 bytes
>
>Whenever you play it, make sure you have 9896 or more bytes free in your
>memory.
>
>Hopefully this will work on all other ROM versions on the TI-85.
>
>Well, hope you have luck!
 hmmmm, I know form using Rob Taylor's grayscale routines that you need to
have at least 3000 or so bytes free... I check for this and so does his
routine, but I think thaT xc-1701 does not...

this needs to be doe or the calc will crash