Re: LZ: How to get out of fakeos & others

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996 Airwalk844@aol.com wrote:

> hmm... you shoulda got an 83, it has ASM built-in, you'll probably be seeing
> a lot of its stuff popping up soon.

I have an 83.  I'm mostly interested in having a z80 to play with and
at this point there's easier access with the 85, I think.  I don't have
the time to get too serious about it.  I think in the long run I'll
probably do more with the 83.

> On FakeOS, you have to hit <F5> twice real fast to exit from it after you
> have "erased" the memory AND shown the teacher the "empty" memory. Then,
> it'll look like any other TI-85 prompt after you've exited and you have to
> just try it out. If you look at your custom menu in FakeOS, you'll see that
> you'll just get a letter (like it'
> s in alpha-lock, if you're using the new version; look at www.ticalc.org if
> you want it). If you've exited by now then the custom menu will pop up with
> all the stuff you had b-fore. If not then you're still in FakeOS and then try
> it again.

I thought fake-os was an operating system.  I didn't realize it was to
fool anyone.  That really doesn't sound too smart to me.  The teachers
will catch on to that pretty fast and before you know it you won't be
able to use an 85.  That's the kind of thing that could make TI decide
to issue a new rom version with no access to the cpu in order to avoid
that problem.

Barry