Re: LZ: How to get out of fakeos & others

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 21 Jul 96 at 13:43, barrym wrote:

> This is my first post on this list.  Hope I get it right.
>
> I got an 85 and loaded zshell to try it out and it works
> fine but I keep running into problems getting out of
> programs.  I've had to remove the batteries over and
> over again to terminate fake-os for example.  A number
> of games have also not let me out.

You got an 85 as well?? :-o  Wasn't the 83s good enough?

> My guess is there is some standard way that you all know
> but that I dont know.  If someone will share the secret
> with me I sure would appreciate it.

I thought the EXIT key was standard.. But I've also noticed that in
many programs you need to go to the main screen before you can quit.

> Also a lot of these programs don't seem to have any
> documentation.  I've found some in the zhelp.hlp file
> but a lot aren't in there.  Are they somewhere?

I don't know. The docs should be zipped together with the programs.
Did you get your programs from ticalc.org?

> Also, can someone point me to whatever tools can be used
> to develop on-board the 85.  I realize that isn't the way
> most of the development is done but I want to develop some
> of my own tools to fill in the gaps for that.

I think the only available on-board tool is the COMPILER program
which will let you convert manually entered hex data to a Zshell
string. I have the z80 source code for a z80 assembler for CP/M if
you're interested and I know someone else had some similar code that
was quite a bit smaller. (The version I had was ~8kb in CP/M format.)

> I'll eventually have some stuff to share back but this is
> hobby stuff for me so it won't be right away.  I'll probably
> make the fargo team look real fast by comparison.  :)

Good luck!  :-)

Regards,
Mattias Lindqvist   <eng96gml@lustudat.student.lu.se>

N.B.: Due to holidays, don't expect any answers from me until 12
August.