LZ: ZShell Optimization Crew

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: ZShell Optimization Crew

I just had an idea... The main concern with ZShell games is size... And
since a memory addon doesnt seem to near in the future (is ANYONE working on
this?), then I propose this: a Game Optimization Crew. This crew would be
comprised of some of the more-experienced programmers, who would, with the
writers permission, take the source code of the game, and look for ways to
optimize it. I'm sure that this crew could save ZShell users alot of space
on the calc. This, of course, would only work with people that will release
their source code. Which brings me to my other point of everyone should
release their source code. There is no point NOT to release it. If you do,
you will probably do a number of the following:

Get tips from other programmers on how to make your program better.
Get tips from other programmers on how to optimize your code and make it
smaller.
Help learning ZShell programmers.
Make your game personally-customizable (speed, number of lives, etc...)

The only downside to this would be the losers that change the name... But
lets face it... I mean, as much all of we appreciate the games, the people
that change it to display their name aren't gonna get any jobs, friends,
etc... That the original authors would have gotten... And as long as the
ZShell Community knows who wrote it, who cares what the losers do?

If anyone is interested in this Optimization Crew lemme know (through the
list, cause this is ZShell related and everyone needs to see it). If I can
get my programming up (I currently have not started learning ASM, I am still
on C) I will help out as much as I can...

-=Sponge=-
"Hey, try out Flashnet... Their service stinks, but their web page sure
looks great!!!

Matt Hayden,
A disgusted Flashnet user...