Re: LZ: TeleconfereNce

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: TeleconfereNce

At 10:01 PM 7/18/96 -0400, you wrote:

><< The calc can send and receive at the same time. Why do you think there are
> two wires, a red one and a white one. The ant. receives all radio waves but
> all of them are filtered out by the coil unless they match the frequency of
> the coil.
>  >>
>It is obvious that they can send and receive at the same time.  My question
>is the timing involved with so many calcs hooked together.  It does not
>involve the link--only the calculator!
>
>Seth Jentner
>Oo7goldeni@aol.com

timeing is to constant an orgainzed static envirnoment is needed for this.
by setting up a token ring, there is organization , and timeing in't
nesccary to use... there isonly one token that allows people to tallk, so
only one person is talking at a time, remember listening doesnt cause
traffic. then the token is passed to the next calc ie the next highest
number. then that one has the chance to speak. in this way 3 things are
taken advantage of. 1) there is no need for a server   2) there is no
traffic and 3) timing isn't a factor to contend with. come to the next
meeting, at irc.erols.com #tinet and listen to waht we have to say.
chris
Erol's Help Desk
help@erols.com