Re: LZ: RE: Putting stuff in the emulator.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 07:29 PM 7/13/1996 -0400, you wrote:
>I now have ZShell running on the emulator, thanks to a backup.bin file that
>I got.  I want to be able to put programs I've written into the emulator.  I
>don't have an 85, just an 82.  I have tried just pasting an .85s file into
>an "open" area in the backup.bin file, but that doesn't seem to work.  Does
>anyone know how I can find the proper place to put the .85s file in and then
>what format it must be in?  BTW, I have the zs1.img and zs2.img files but
>they won't work, any help on both of these problems would be appreciated.
>
>Hey could I have that backup.bin file...I have successfully pasted in a
string file to a backup.bin file what you need to do is make a string in the
emulator the same size as the *.85s file minus the header length(I've
included a file that will tell you the size)then you simply copy the 85s
file minus the header into the backup.bin file in the appropriate spot and
it should work...you may have to do trial and error to find the exact
location of the string in the emulator.  I hope this helps you a little.

>-Keith Batten
>-99kbatten@kamsc.k12.mi.us

I got Zshell to work on my emulator, but i don't know how to paste a *.85s
file into the backup.bin file. I didn't get that file that tells you the
size. How do you copy a *.85s file into the backup.bin? Do you need a HEX
editor? How do you find the "appropriate spot" also. Please help me out
here, thank you!